As a beginner working with the Kofax Communication Server I would like to have a step-by-step guide explaining
- the basic concepts of the Kofax Communication Server (KCS) system and
- the necessary steps how to install and configure the System
The attached PDF file KCS_Core_TCOSS.pdf provides a step-by-step tutorial for the basic installation of the Kofax Communication Server core component (TCOSS).
The TCOSS component...
- uses the KCS File structure as message store
- handles the message routing
- manages the FAX channels, which are configured using the WCONFIG program
Please keep in mind, that this tutorial is only addressing the installation of a stand-alone system, it does not cover the installation steps for fault tolerant tandem systems.
The following topics are covered in this installation guide:
- KCS Core installation
- Server Setup
- TCOSS Installation
- KCS File structure configuration
- WConfig shortcut
- KCS Monitor
- Starting KCS Services from KCS Monitor
- KCS Monitor Shortcut
- KCS Licensing
- CPU Number
- Enabling Test Licenses
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communication Server||10.0.1 or higher||KCS Setup, TCOSS, TCDisk, WConfig, KCS Monitor, KCS License tool, TCCpuNr|