KCS and Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2
Article # 3035044 - Page views: 42
Moving or installing your KCS installation to a new OS can be the cause for some head scratching.
Here's a short overview of what there is to know about moving/installing to a Windows Server 2008 (R2) environment.
Support for Windows Server 2008 + 2008 R2
- In general, all currently supported components of the KCS Server Package 7.84.xx or later, of the KCS Link Package 2.32.xx or later, and the TCfW Communication Server Client application (part of KCS Client Package 5.26.xx or later) work properly on a Windows Server 2008 (non-R2) based computer.
- All currently supported components of the KCS Server Package 7.88.xx or later, of the KCS Link Package 2.36.xx or later, and the TCfW Communication Server Client application (part of KCS Client Package 5.30.xx or later) work properly on a Windows Server 2008 R2 based computer.
- Components that approach their end of sales might NOT be supported.
- The upgrade from Windows Server 2003 is NOT supported; only new installations on Windows Server 2008 are.
- The upgrade from Windows Server 2008 64 bit to 2008 R2 is supported. (TC/SNMP might not work; see TC/SNMP Manual for troubleshooting).
- TC/Model 300 with Windows Server 2008 is NOT supported.
- Hyper-V feature (hardware virtualization mode) is only supported with Windows Server 2008 R2 host.
- Windows Server 2008 Server Core installation variant is NOT supported.
- 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2008: See the following section.
Restrictions for Windows 2008 64-Bit Version
- General restrictions for Windows Server 2008 apply. (check the TC/Link, KCS Document Conversion and Platform System Manuals for more information)
- Acrobat Reader is not supported for document conversion; use the internal PDF converter (Datalogics) for conversion of PDF files (license “TCPDF2TIF for Communication Server” required)
- JetForm is not supported.
- No PS or PCL printer drivers instead of the KCS printer driver are supported for document conversion.
- In general 'Acrobat Reader' is no longer supported for document conversion so if you need the PDF coversion feature you need to order the 'TCPDF2TIF for Communication Server' license. PDF conversion via 'Acrobat Reader' might still work but doing so violates the Adobe EULA.
- The Datalogics engine for KCS 8.2 contains the PDF 8 Library.
- The Datalogics engine for KCS 9.0 contains the PDF 9 Library.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Commnunication Server||9.x, 10.x|
Add any references to other internal or external articles
Article # 3035044