During document composition, KCM reports the following error:
FATAL ERROR MEM0001: Not enough memory to allocate
One of the following situations may apply:
- Documents are composed with large input XMLs or many XML nodes in the input XML
- Output is assigned to variables.
- The used template produces more than one document
When KCM runs out of memory, it reports the error FATAL ERROR MEM0001: Not enough memory to allocate.
This error mostly occurs when a large amount of data is stored in a single variable. For example, if a Code Library is used for content wizard processing, some customers create a function where all produced output is assigned to a variable. The content wizard processing function returns this variable as the result of the function. For very large documents with a very large input XML, this can lead KCM to run out of memory.
For the example with the function in the code library, the solution is to
- Not use a return variable, but print the text blocks directly in the content wizard processing function.
- If this is not possible due to certain functions used (such as headers/footers), then the content wizard processing function can be moved directly into the master template or into an include file.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communications Manager||all versions||n/a||n/a||n/a|