When a document is composed you receive the following error:
FATAL ERROR OOX1211: Reference to unknown paragraph style ITP_MyWordStyle
One of the following situations apply:
- The master template makes use of non-editable text blocks. For printing the text block you are using the STYLE_PREFIX key word.
TEXTBLOCK VAR tb STYLE_PREFIX PRF.
You receive the error: FATAL ERROR OOX1211: Reference to unknown paragraph style PRF_normal
- You are using for the first time the style Custom1, Custom 2 and/or Custom 3 in a text block.
You receive the error: FATAL ERROR OOX1211: Reference to unknown paragraph style ITP_customclass1
- The master template makes use of editable text blocks and you copy/paste content from Word documents to the text block.
This error indicates that the applied style document does not contain the style mentioned in the error. One of the text blocks uses this style. Because the style is missing in the style document, KCM cannot apply the style from the style document and you receive the OOX1211 error. If you make use of non-editable text blocks, then one of these text blocks contains a reference to the missing style mentioned in the error message. The most common scenario is that you use the STYLE_PREFIX key word for the TEXTBLOCK statement to use styles with a different prefix. As these styles are missing in the applied style document, you receive the error that the style DifferentPrefix_Normal is unknown.
Another possibility is that you use the custom1, custom2 and custom3 styles for the first time in a text block. By default these styles are not defined in the default style document.
If you are using editable text blocks, then an unknown style can also be introduced by copying and pasting text from a Word document to the editable text block. Copy and pasting text to an editable text block, can introduce new styles from the source document.
To resolve your issue, add the missing style(s) to the used style document.
- If you use TEXTBLOCK VAR tb STYLE_PREFIX "PRF", then you must add to the style document alternatives for all ITP_ styles with prefix PRF. E.g. For ITP_Normal add a style PRF_Normal. For ITP_Normal_1 add a PRF_Normal_1 style etc.
- Add the ITP_customclass1 (Custom 1), ITP_customclass2 (Custom 2) and ITP_customclass3 (Custom 3) styles to the used style document.
- To prevent styles being introduced by copying and pasting from Word documents to editable text blocks, please use "paste as plain text" to paste without formatting in editable text blocks. In the below screenshot the button is highlighted.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communications Manager||All versions||n/a||n/a||n/a|