You are using Kofax Communications Manager 5.1.0 or newer. After installing CCM Core Web Services Interface ASP.NET, you receive the following IIS error when retrieving the WSDL
Configuration error: Could not load file or assembly 'itpserver' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.
From KCM 5.1.0, CCM Core Web Services Interface ASP.NET has switched from ASP.NET 3.5 to ASP.NET 4.X. You are using Classic .NET AppPool which uses ASP.NET 3.5 while ASP.NET 4.X is required.
Switch to ASP.NET 4.X to resolve the error. In KCM 5.1.0 and higher, the requirements for CCM Core Web Services Interface ASP.NET are:
- IIS 7 or higher (Server Role)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.X (Feature)
- ASP.NET 4.X (Feature under Server Role Web Server (IIS) -> Web Server -> Application Development)
After the above requirements are met, switch to ASP.NET 4.X using the following steps:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Select the 'CCM Core Web Services Interface ASP.NET' application (itpserver) and go to Basic Settings.
- Switch the used Application pool from 'Classic .NET AppPool' to '.NET v4.5 Classic'
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communications Manager||5.1 or newer||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Article # 3035809