After applying the July 9, 2019 update for Microsoft Word, the KCM toolbox for Word is always blank. The KCM toolbox for Word does not display any field sets and formatting functions.
The following Office builds are affected:
- Monthly channel
- Version 1907 (Build 11901.20120)
- Version 1906 (Build 11727.20244)
- Semi-Annual Channel/Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)
- Version 1902 (Build 11328.20368)
- Version 1808 (Build 10730.20360)
- Version 1803 (Build 9126.2428)
This issue has been resolved in KCM 5.3.1. After applying service pack 1 to your KCM 5.3 installation, you must redeploy the KCM Toolbox web application.
- Extract the zip archive.
- Go to <extracted location>\office-js-release\dist
- Copy from this location the files
<deployed KCM toolbox>\scripts\office\1.1 on the webserver that hosts the KCM toolbox. You overwrite the files.
- For Java based webservers (e.g. Tomcat) it is required to restart the webserver before changes take effect.
Downgrade Microsoft Office
Another option is to downgrade Microsoft Word to a version before the affected version.
See this article on the Microsoft Website for instructions on how to downgrade Microsoft Word.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communications Manager||18.104.22.168 to 5.3||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Article # 3035805