When an export file is imported while document compositions take place, you receive one of the following errors in KCM Core:
FATAL ERROR IOL2100: Failed to memory map file D:\KCM\Work\<version>\Instance_01\core\Temp\<host name>\ITPDP [core_01_5.3] #1\Cache\localhost_2587\........: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid Contact your sales representative.
FATAL ERROR API0057: Master Template rep://localhost:2587/documenttemplat...tatus=accepted is created with another version of CCM  and cannot be executed.
When an export file is imported, the target project in KCM Designer is in a temporary inconsistent state. This can lead to runtime errors if the target project is used for document composition when the import takes place. When a project is used for document composition, we advise not to perform an import for this project.
This error can be resolved by restarting the service “[designer_01_<version>] Aia ITP/MDK Repository Server <version>”.
We recommend the following approach to update the content on a running KCM system:
- Store separate releases of the content (source projects) in KCM Repository as separate projects that are named in a unique manner that identifies a release. A simple way would be to make sure that each project name is extended with its release number. E.g. MyProject_r001, MyProject_r002 etc.
- The client application requests jobs for a specific project as usual. Following the above release-based naming scheme the client application will request jobs for a specific release.
- We advise to design the client application in such a way that it is easy to switch from one release to another. After switching, the client application must use the new release in new jobs, while completing existing jobs with the old release.
- When upgrading multiple KCM instances to a new release of the content, all instances will import the new project for that release, next to their existing projects. This can be done while the system is generating output based on earlier releases. It is important that the new release does not replace any existing project as this may result in a temporary inconsistent state for running jobs.
- Once the content of all instances has been upgraded, the client application can be switched to address the newly imported release for new jobs.
- After all jobs that still were based on the old release have ended, the old release projects can be removed. This can be delayed for some time if it is deemed useful to switch back to this old release when the need arises.
|KCCM||4.4 and higher|
|KCM||5.3 and higher|