Word based documents are always opened in protected mode in Designer for Web. The following circumstances may apply:
- A Modern internet browser is used (Edge, FireFox or Chrome.).
- The host name for KCM is not a fully qualified domain name.
- The KCM web app resides in the internet zone.
When using modern internet browsers, Word based documents are opened using WebDav in Designer for Web. If Microsoft Word does not trust the WebDav location, then the Word document is opened in protected mode. When using WebDav, Microsoft Word may not trust the location of a document if:
- The host name is not a fully qualified domain name. Or
- The WebDav location resides in the internet zone.
Set a fully qualified domain name
Ensure that a fully qualified domain name is used for KCM. A fully qualified domain name has a suffix. E.g. .local, .com, .nl.
An example of an non fully qualified domain name is https://kcm-server.
An example of a fully qualified domain name is https://kcm-server.local.
Contact your administrator for configuring a fully qualified domain name for KCM.
Add the KCM web app to the intranet zone or trusted sites zone.
To ensure that the KCM Web app does not reside in the internet zone, the KCM web app can be explicitly added to the intranet zone or the trusted sites zone.
- Go to menu Start -> Run (shortcut is windows key + R).
- Run inetcpl.cpl.
- Go to tab Security.
- Click Trusted Sites and click Sites.
- Add the hostname of the KCM web application.
- Close all dialogs.
Level of Complexity
|Kofax Communications Manager||5.5 and newer||n/a||any modern browser||n/a|