If you have been unable to find a solution to your issue in the Kofax Knowledge Base (https://knowledge.kofax.com), how do you log a case to request assistance from Kofax Technical Support?
Note: Kofax Business Partners should use the Kofax Partner Portal: https://partner.kofax.com
If you have lost or forgotten your password, please click on the "Forgot your password?" link below the login fields. Remember to check your email spam folder in case the password reminder ended up there. If you do not currently have a portal account, please see further details under the References section of this article.
In the Portal
At the top of the screen select Cases > and then "New Case" (to open a new ticket with Kofax Technical Support) or "My Cases" to view and work with already open tickets.
Or you can also access the same options from the "Case Tracking" section further down on your Customer Portal landing page.
Select New Case to open a new ticket with Kofax Technical Support. The form contains a number of mandatory (critical) fields and a number of optional fields. Please see the numbered list below for guidance how to fill in the mandatory fields.
1. Product Family, Product - Select which product family and product you are requesting assistance for; in this the screenshot below, it is "ReadSoft" and "Invoice Portal".
Note: Kofax have organized our products into product families to narrow down the options in the Product dropdown list. Selecting the correct product will ensure your request for assistance is directed to the correct team in a timely manner. If you are not certain what to select, make sure to mention your product name in the Description field and describe it as carefully as possible.
2. Version - Select specific product version that you are requesting assistance with. Note: "Current" for cloud based products.
For more information about optional fields, press the "i" tool tip next to the field.
3. Type - Select the case Type to give us an idea of what type assitance you are requesting; This will help Kofax Technical Support to assign most appropriate Engineer to your case.
4. Subject - Add a short descriptive summary of your query including any relevant key words or error message.
5. Description - Add as much detail as possible in the description of your case. This is where you can explain what you need or what the issue is, what steps were taken before, tests performed, how many users on items it is impacting, etc. Providing thorough and accurate details when logging a case can have a significant positive impact on issue resolution time.
6. Upload File - Upload relevant files using the Upload File function (paperclip icon at the bottom left of the form). You can upload screenshots or image files, example emails, log files, error message details, etc; any material that will be useful for a successful analysis of the issue.
7. Submit - Finally press Submit to enter the case into the portal.
After the case is submitted, it can be accessed, reviewed and updated by any registered user within your organization. There are a number of different case views available; The default view under "My Cases" lists "All Open Cases" for your organization, but there is also an option to view only the case you yourself own.
Level of Complexity
|All Supported Kofax Products||All Supported Versions|
If you do not have access to the support portal - please refer to this page:
For Kofax Business Partners: