When using Internet Explorer to access KCCM (CCM Designer for Web and/or CCM ComposerUI) you experience one of the following issues:
- Some buttons appear not to work. E.g. the login button on the login page of CCM Designer.
- The form editor and content wizard editor fail to launch.
- Word documents are not opened in CCM Designer and CCM ComposerUI.
- The Example start page shows the message "A misconfiguration has been detected".
Internet Explorer is not correctly configured for usage of KCCM.
This section describes the related settings for using Internet Explorer with KCCM. Configure Internet Explorer to use these settings.
When using Internet Explorer on a server, in the server manager the setting "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" must be disabled.
In Internet Explorer the following settings must be enabled for the zone in which the KCCM server is located:
- .NET Framework: Loose XAML
- .NET Framework: XAML browser applications
- ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
- ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting.
- ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Download signed ActiveX controls. (This setting can be set to prompt as well)
For the local intranet zone and trusted sites zone these settings are enabled by default for the default security level.
Note: If the KCCM server is part of the local intranet zone, then "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" in Compatibility View settings must be disabled. KCCM only supports Internet Explorer 11. Compatibility view is not supported. If you do require many sites to be displayed in compatibility view, consider using Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/enterprise-mode-overview-for-ie11)
Where to locate all settings?
This section shows where to locate all the settings. Assumed is you are using Internet Explorer on the server. You are adding the KCCM server to the intranet zone.
Disable "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration"
- Open Server Manager.
- Go to Local Server.
- Click on 'On' next to "IE Enhanced Security Configuration" and disable IE Enhanced security configuration.
Disable compatibility view for intranet zone.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open menu tools (Gear Icon in top right or shortcut ALT+X) and to go menu "Compatibility View settings".
- Deselect "Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View"
Configure the intranet zone
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open menu tools (Gear icon or shortcut ALT+X) and go to menu Internet options
- Go to Security tab, select Local intranet zone and add the site.
- On the security tab open the settings dialog of the Local intranet zone (Custom level...). Setting for Loose XAML and XAML browser applications are:
Download signed ActiveX controls:
Run ActiveX controls and plugins
Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting*
- Close all dialogs using the Ok button.