IMAP Capture with GMAIL address shows an error even though password and Gmail email address are correct
Article # 3054974 - Page views: 34
If 2-factor authentication is turned on in Google, then you can't connect IMAP to an external app without an app password. Now, when running "Test Account Settings" in AutoStore Designer, the following error message appears. Login Error: Invalid username or password
On runtime a similar error message is displayed.
Error IMAP Capture: Account: IMAP, Server: imap.gmail.com, Username: GMAIL_USER_NAME@gmail.com. Server login error: aaab NO [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure) 03/07/2023 12:07:06
Google has modified the process and an App Password must now be assigned in Google Apps. How to:
Create & use App Passwords
If you use 2-Step-Verification and get a "password incorrect" error when you sign in, you can try to use an App Password.
- Go to your Google Account.
- Select Security.
- Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
- 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
- 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
- Your account is through work, school, or other organization.
- You turned on Advanced Protection.
- At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using Select device and choose the device you’re using Generate.
- Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
- Tap Done.
|Control Suite AutoStore||8.x|