The Redaction component in AutoStore is a process component used to redact zones on the image files. Users have ability to define redaction zones for multiple form configurations and save them in redaction profiles. Users can configure static zones to be redacted or dynamic zones which the component will redact if a specified text is recognized. The redaction profiles can be executed in various cases; for example, when an RRT value such as a barcode value is encountered.
The Redaction Component should always be used after an image enhancement component and before an OCR component. An image enhancement component would be Professional Image Management (PIM) and an OCR component would be Barcode or OmniPage OCR.
Incorrect order of operation examples
- Capture > PIM > OCR > Redaction > Route
- Capture > Redaction > PIM > OCR > Route
- Capture > Redaction > OCR > Barcode > Route
Correct order of operation examples
- Capture > PIM > Redaction > OCR > Route
- Capture > Redaction > OCR > Route
- Capture > Redaction > Barcode > OCR > Route
- To start the configuration process you must first have a Capture Component and a Route Component within your AutoStore configuration. In this example we are using AutoCapture as our Capture Component and Send to Folder as our Route Component.
- To configure the Redaction Component double click the Capture Component and create a new Form. Within the Form Settings select the Components Tab and then select the Redaction Component to begin the configuration.
- To activate the component select 'YES' from the Activate field
- Click Add to create a new profile. A new profile should be used for every document type when using a Static Zone. A single profile can be used when using a dynamic zone. We will be using a Dynamic Zone for this example.
- Complete the following activities to configure the General Settings for the new profile
- Select YES from the Activate Field to activate the profile.
- Enter a Profile Name in the Name Field to describe the profile type.
- Select Pass Through under Generated Documents. This will provide the redacted document to the next component in the AutoStore workflow.
- Add an image (PDF or TIF) to the Template Field. This image will be used to create zones to search for key terms to redact.
Select the Redaction Zones tab to configure the redaction zones. Select the Setup Dynamic Zones button to setup a dynamic search to find key terms.
Note: Static Zones can be used for specific document types and are unique to the image template and profile. The zone of an image will be redacted. Dynamic Zones can be used with any document type and are not unique to the image template or profile. The dynamic zone will redact the text instead of a zone.
- The zone setup interface will load the image you specified on Step 5 above. Complete the following activities to configure the Dynamic Redaction Zone:
- Create a new zone that covers the entire image or section of an image.
- Name the zone using the Name Field or leave the default value.
- Select the page option desired from the Pages Tab. In this example we are going to use all pages because we want to search all pages for the key terms.
- Select the Dictionary Tab to configure the key terms to be redacted. Select Add to add each term.
Note: When adding terms to the dictionary the component will search the configured zone for the terms and redact them.
- Select OK to finalize the Dynamic Zone configuration.
- Select OK to finalize the Profile configuration
Note: The redaction summary screen you will show you the Zone Names and Pages listed for both dynamic and static zones configured for the profile
The profile configuration is complete. You will see a summary of all Profiles as well as the Number of Zones configured per profile.
- Select the Advanced Settings tab. Complete the following activities to finalize the configuration:
- Enter a path for the Redaction Component's Working Directory. This path must be local to the AutoStore server.
- Modify the PDF Rasterization Options to meet your output expectations. By default the DPI is set to 150 and the color depth is set to 24.
Note: The example below shows we are going to output a 300 DPI black and white image using CCITT Group 4 Compression. You must change these options to matching your input or your output will not be what you are expecting.
- Select OK to complete the Redaction Component configuration.
- Configure the Route Component so your documents are routed to your desired destination.
- Save the configuration and start the service.
Sample before and after image that was processed by the Redaction Component
The following files have been attached for your reference:
- Sample Redaction Configuration
- Sample input document
- Sample redacted output document