This component provides the following functionality:
- Quality improvement of black and white TIFF images by using deskewing and despeckling
- Reads 8 types of barcodes
- Search for barcodes in a specific zone by providing the coordinates
- Split an image in 2 ways:
- Specifying a fixed number of pages that the image should be split into
- Instructing the component to split the document when a barcode matches a specific value or a pattern
The values read from the barcode can be used as parameters in subsequent components in the configuration, they can also be mapped into Fields that automatically will be used by Capture (store) or Process (filter) components that are able to use this field information. This component is commonly used for reading barcodes in black and white TIFF images generated from a scanning device with at least 200 dpi resolution. Depending on the Scanner quality, and the size and type of the barcode being read, you may need to generate higher quality images in order for the barcodes to be read properly. If you want to setup your process such that Barcode values are used by other components, configure this component through a blocking component, such as Digital Sender, MFP, POP3 email. If you plan to use this component with a non-blocking Capture (source) component, place a Data Interchange Process (filter) component before Basic Image Management component.In scenarios where barcodes are not being read, or they are only used for splitting pages, the component does not have to be configured through a blocking component.
In scenarios where barcodes are not being read, or they are only used for splitting pages, the component does not have to be configured through a blocking component.
Steps and Instructions
- Open the AutoStore Process Designer; the default location is Start > NSI > AutoStore Express (or Workflow) 6.0
- Select the "New"
- Enter the Task Information:
Name: This will be the name of your task.
4. Expand the Capture Tab in the Tool Box
5. Locate the AutoCapture component and drag the component into the task workspace
6. Use the Scroll in the Tool Bar and expand the Process Tab
7. Locate the Basic Image Management and drag the component into the task workspace
8. Locate the Send to Folder and drag the component into the task workspace
- Double click on the AutoCapture component
- Click Add and choose Form to configure workflow
11. Enter a Name for you Form Name and Button Name
12. Now hit the components tab to configure our other components
13. To configure each component you will need to hit the three ellipses button
14. Check the image processing box to activate the clean up and splitting functions, and to allow the configuration to be changed
- Deskew - Check this box to de-skew the image
- Despeckle - Check this box to de-speckle the image
- Split Type:
- Split Into - This option splits the document up into the specified number of pages that you enter in the edit box.
- Split on Barcode Value - Check this to split the document every time it finds the barcode value specified in the edit box. The barcode value can contain wildcards such as * and ?.
- For example, if " * " is entered in the edit box, then the document will split when it finds any barcode. If 1000? is specified then the document will split if the barcode value is 10002 or 10003 for example.
- Keep Barcode Page - If you are splitting based on the barcode, you can choose to either keep the barcode page or discard it.
- Pre separator - Check this box when you are using the barcode page as a separator, and you want the barcode to serve as a separator at the beginning of the document. If this box is not checked, the component will assume that the barcode separator is the last page of the split document and will start a new file after it.
15. On the Barcode tab to configure the barcode settings
Select the barcode type being used for the workflow or select all linear and the component will read the barcode using any of the supported barcode types.
The search zone can also be specified by graphically selecting the zone from a sample image file. To do this click on the "..." next to the Search Zone edit box and select a sample image file from where you can identify the search zone, and click Open. You will be presented with a preview of the first page of the image. Move the mouse to the preview area, note that the cursor will change to a cross sign, click on the image and drag the cursor to select a square section of the image and click Ok. This is the area where the component will search for barcodes. You can change the file used for previewing by clicking on Open and selecting a different image.
Click on Add, to provide the field name specifying the barcode value that should be associated with this field. Click on the "..." next to the Barcode value box and provide the page number and barcode value of the barcode that contains the information that should be assigned to this field.
You can also specify the barcode value directly by using a specific syntax, for complete information on the syntax and possible combination of values that can be used when assigning field values please refer to Component's RRT page.
16. Now we will configure the Send to Folder component:
- Select the "..."
- Click Add to configure the folder destination for the job
- Enter the path; if the path does not exist, AutoStore will automatically create it
- Local - enter local folder
- Remote Share - enter the UNC path (\\servername\share)
- Select the checkmark for Rename File(optional)
- Drag and Drop the Barcode RRT under the Basic Image Management in available RRT's field the users enter.
- Drag and Drop the File Extension after the Barcode RRT under the Send to Folder in available RRT's field.
- Select OK.
The service account used to start the AutoStore service must have read/write access to this directory.