Instructions to License QuickCapture Pro. There are two options available. Client license and Server license. Server licensing allows QuickCapture Pro clients to use licenses as they are needed from a pool of licenses retained on the AutoStore server.
Server licensing allows an organization to manage licensing for QuickCapture Pro on the AutoStore server. For QuickCapture Pro client to start successfully after it is configured for server licensing, AutoCapture must be configured and the AutoStore service must be running.
Steps and Instructions
Steps to get QuickCapture Pro licensed (client licensing):
- Open QuickCapture Pro click Options from the menu
- Select Create Request. Save this file to your desktop (easy to find) and make sure you name the file with the *.txt file extension
- Go into the License Manager again and select Web License. This will take you to the website to get a license
- Fill out email address and confirm email address and all other * fields you can just enter in a digit so the page registers there are characters in the field
- Enter a valid INV Number
- After filling in info, select submit which will take you to the page that you will select your license
- Select Submit once more and this will email you a text file that you will load into the License Manager under Load License Key
Steps to get QuickCapture Pro licensed (enable server licensing):
QuickCapture Pro queries the AutoStore server for a license when it starts up. The application status for a server
licensed installation shows as "Licensed (Server License)".
- On the Windows desktop open "QuickCapture Pro" to start the application.
- For an unlicensed copy of QuickCapture Pro, the application initially opens the Licensing dialog box.
- In the Licensing dialog box, click the Server license button.
- Confirm the Product Setup window with OK to enter the IP address of the AutoStore Server
- In the AutoCapture Configuration dialog box, configure the following options:
- Server: Specify the computer name or IP address for the server running AutoCapture component.
Port: Specify the listening port used by AutoCapture component. The default port for an instance of AutoCapture component running on a machine is 8085.
- Click OK after you specify the server, and OK once more to exit the Server License dialog box.
- Click Close.