Question / Problem:
When a problem occurs with an AutoStore server, logs and other information are needed to analyze the problem.
Whenever support asks for logs, the logs can now be collected with the Log Collector. The information collected will help to find any bugs, errors or configuration issues. This application is not available for previous AutoStore 7 Versions and in ControlSuite it will be available with version 1.2
Answer / Solution:
AS Log collector is deployed as part of the AS server and can collect different AutoStore related log information as well as basic system parameters. This application is intended to collection information to aid troubleshooting issues reported in AutoStore.
Though this application is distributed as part of the AS server application, it can run in stand-alone mode, and does not require AutoStore to be installed.
To collect AutoStore logs follow the below steps:
- Navigate to <AS installation folder>\Tools (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\AutoStore\Tools)
- Launch the ASLogCollector.exe
- Keep the pre-selected configuration file and click the Next button
- On the Supplementary screen you have the option to add files or complete folders to the collection by clicking the plus sign of the appropriate section.
You should add files which are not collected by the AS Log Collector tool, for example VB Script files, template image files, etc.
When you are done click the Next button.
- On the Collector Modules screen you can see the summary of all information collector modules with the option to select whether a module should run and collect information or not. By default, all modules should be selected for execution.
- Information collection starts and you should see its progress.
- When the information collection is complete click the Close button.
- On the summary screen you can see the zip file where the collected information is stored.
You can open the containing folder by clicking the folder button next to the package name or you can close the AS Log Collector application by clicking the Close button.
This zip file can now be attached to the ticket.
Enclosed is the list of information collected with the Log Collector. If necessary, various options can be deselected.
AutoStore Version Information; AutoStore Logs; Information about Working directories, System information, Firewall information, related event logs, AutoStore current & recent configuration files