In some cases, it may be necessary to expire AutoStore licenses. The scenarios that require the server license to be expired include the following:
- Moving server licenses from one server to another, physical or virtual.
- Incorrect license has been applied to a server.
- License change, i.e. changing capture component licenses from one MFP vendor to another.
- Technical Support may request a server expiration to trouble shoot various license issues.
- Move a NFR license from one demo server to another demo server.
- Move specific component licenses to a different server, i.e. moving OCR engines to separate servers.
Warning: Expiring the licenses will stop the software functionality.
Use the following to expire the AutoStore server license:
Note: The INV license number is required to proceed. See for details.
- Stop the AutoStore service and close all AutoStore windows, including AutoStore Process Designer.
- Locate the ASExpire.exe application in the AutoStore installation directory
- AutoStore 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Notable Solutions\AutoStore 7
- AutoStore Workflow: C:\Program Files (x86)\NSI\AutoStore Workflow 5 or AutoStore Workflow 6
- AutoStore Express: C:\Program Files (x86)\NSI\AutoStore Express 5 or AutoStore Express 6
- If using AutoStore 5 the ASExpire tool may not be present, download this and place in the installation directory.
- Run ASExpire.exe from the root installation directory as an administrator.
- Enter expireit! when prompted for a password.
- Place a checkmark next to the components to expire or if expiring the whole server click "Select All".
- Click on the "Expire" button to expire the selected licenses.
- Name and save the ASLE file to a safe location.
- Open the AutoStore Process Designer and create a new license report.
- Send both the ASLE file and the license report to Support for a license reset.
- After the reset has been completed re-license the desired server.