Support Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I generate log files for troubleshooting?
A: In the task configurator there is an option to set the debug level. See the Administrator's Guide or AutoStore Web Help (http://webhelp.nsiautostore.com/autostore/autostore.htm) for additional information.
Q: What information do I need to collect before contacting Technical Support?
A: Have the following information available:
- The customer maintenance contract information (must be current on maintenance)
- The Configuration file
- The log file
- The server operating system and service pack versions
- If a particular component is failing , specific information regarding that component version
- The information from the "About" button within the Processor Designer
- A description of the problem and the expected desired result as well as steps to recreate the issue
Q: Is there online help available?
A: Yes, online help is available. Click on the Help link in the Process Designer. If connected to the internet the link will connect to the on?line help located at http://webhelp.nsiautostore.com/autostore/autostore.htm.
Q: What operating systems are supported for the Server?
A: The AutoStore server is a 32?bit application which runs on:
- Windows 7 Pro*
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
- Windows 2003 Server 32/64 bit*
- Windows 2008 Server 32/64 bit*
- Windows 2008 R2 Server 64 bit* * will only run in 32bit mode in a 64bit environment
These are the supported and certified operating systems for 6.0 Server:
- Server 2003 (32bit) Standard, Enterprise Latest Service Pack
- Server 2003 R2 (32bit) Standard, Enterprise Latest Service Pack
- Server 2008 (32\64bit) Standard, Enterprise Latest Service Pack
- Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise
Q: What operating systems are supported for the Client?
- Windows Vista SP1 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 Pro (32 and 64 bit)
Q: What browsers are supported?
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or greater
- Firefox 4.0 or greater
- Google Chrome 10.0 or greater
Q: What databases are supported?
- SQL Express 2008 (32 bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (32 and 64 bit)
Q: What are the minimum: CPU, RAM, HDD and Network requirements?
- Single Desktop CPU: 2 GHz or more - small deployment recommendation
- XEON or Opteron CPU: 2MG or more 2nd level cache 1 or 2 CPUs/core - medium deployment recommendation
- XEON or Opteron CPU: 2MG or more 2nd level cache Multiple CPUs / cores - large deployment recommendation
- 1 Gigabyte Available - small deployment recommendation
- 2 to 4 Gigabyte Available - medium deployment recommendation
- 4 Gigabyte or More Available - large deployment recommendation
- 10+ Gigabyte Available - small deployment recommendation
- 40+ Gigabyte Available - medium deployment recommendation
- 100+ Gigabyte Available - large deployment recommendation
- 100 Mbit - small deployment recommendation
- 100 Mbit / 1Gbit - medium deployment recommendation
- 1 Gbit - large deployment recommendation
Download the AutoStore 6 FAQ's: FAQ - NSi AutoStore 6.0.pdf