When using the Ricoh Device Manager and a Ricoh 11.x Java device users are unable to update devices.ﾠ
Resolution / Workaround
- AutoStore Supports Java 11.x devices with Ricoh Updates 4.00
- Component version 184.108.40.206, Xlet Version 6.2.4 (8/6/2013)ﾠ
- The Ricoh Device Manage found within Ricoh Updates 4.00 does NOTsupport Java 11.x devices
- This is documented in the release notes, see attached.ﾠRicohESA_Updates.htm
- If a customer/partner is planning to deploy AutoStore to 11.x devices they must use the Web Image Monitor (WIM) for each device.
- The DALP file must be updated before installing the Xlet on 11.x devices. The device manager will not be able to update the devices post-Xlet install.
- If the customer/partner needs cap/cac/tracing these are the arguments. Only use the ones the customer needs.
NSi and Ricoh are currently certifying a new version of the Device Manager to resolve this issue. If you are reading this article please check for Ricoh ESA Updates using Software ﾠUpdates within AutoStore.