Why do I receive an 0x8004CB01 Barcode module error when trying to OCR a document in Autostore?
When trying to OCR a document an error occurs in Autostore with the following message:
"failed with input file ﾅﾅ."
"Error(s) occured: Job Item(s) detected runtime error(s); Job item(0) detected: 0x8004cb01Barcode Module error..."
The OCR component can confuse certain types of things as barcodes, for example grid style paper. If this happens an error on that page is produced.
Disable the Detect Barcode setting in the OCR component:
- Right click on the capture component in the Autostore task and select Properties.
- Select the Form, click edit, then select the Components tab. Or if it is not a form based componet just select the Components tab.
- Select OCR and the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck the Detect barcodes option.
- Ok out of the open windows. Save the CFG and restart the Autostore service.
- Retry the document.