How to configure existing workstation printers to not track when printing, while using Workstation client in conjunction with Managed Queue or i-Queue?
With a limited number of device licenses, it’s important that existing workstation printers are not tracked.
When the Equitrac Windows Client is installed with only the DRC / Managed Queue feature, the local TCP/IP printers are auto-created in Equitrac, and they are tracked. This will pull a license for each device. Manual changes are needed on the auto-created device to update to non-tracked.
Steps to reproduce:
Install a ControlSuite server, configure it to have at least one Managed Queue or i-Queue.
- Prepare a client computer:
- Create one or two TCP/IP printers locally (e.g. "Workstation-Local1" and "Workstation-Local2").
- Install the Equitrac Windows Client on the client computer. Ensure that all the features are de-selected, and only the DRC / Managed Queue or i-Queue feature is selected.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Login to Web System Manager using an administration account.
- Navigate to the page of 'Physical Devices'. You can always test print to the queues to make sure.
- Check if new physical devices have been auto-created for Workstation-Local1 and/or Workstation-Local2 printers.
A new registry key is introduced by the Windows Print Client installer:
"\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Equitrac\Desktop Client\Shared Engine"
It is set to 1, if the 'Network Printing' feature was selected during the installation.
DRE is also modified:
If it is running as DRC and a device creation request is coming, this is detected from the registry whether the Desktop Printing and the Network Printing feature are installed. If neither of them are installed, automatic device creation is not performed. Automatic device creation takes place when the Windows Print Spooler is restarted. Normally this happens when the computer is rebooted.
Minimum System Requirements
The feature was introduced to the workstation client in ControlSuite 184.108.40.206. Any ControlSuite system requiring this must also have servers updated to ControlSuite 220.127.116.11