How To Increase The Cassandra Memory Usage
Article # 3039466 - Page views: 248
Is it possible to increase the memory allocation used by Cassandra?
Yes, it is possible, with the following Steps.
By default Cassandra uses between 128mb and 512mb of memory. This may not be enough memory in some cases, especially if a customer has many Equitrac Workstation Clients enrolled into Security Framework. (SFS)
Some symptoms of Cassandra being low on Memory are:
- Configuration Assistant slow to open
- SFS nodes going down intermittently
To Increase the Cassandra memory perform the following:
- Open command prompt as Administrator
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files\Kofax\Shared Services\SecurityFrameworkService\ControlSuiteConsole
- Run the following command: ControlSuiteConsole.exe setmemory -HighAuto
- There is no need to restart Cassandra as this command will cause the Cassandra service to automatically restart.
Cassandra will now use up to 2GB of memory. Ensure you have enough memory on your server to support this now configuration.