In a scenario where there are many devices configured in DWS and troubleshooting needed to be performed, the standard DWS logs many not cover the timeframe of the issue that needs to be investigated.
In such a scenario, we would need to configure DWS so that the logging period is extended.
DWS logs can get very big so if you need to perform these steps, ensure that you have at least 25GB of disk space free.
To extend the logging period, perform the following.
- Stop the DWS service.
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Nuance\Integrated\DWS\webserver\conf
- Make a backup of the DWSSettings.properties file.
- Edit the DWSSettings.properties file at the bottom to add:
- NEUF-IMPL.MAX_NUM_LOGS = 1000
- Save this file and then Start the DWS service.