Konica Minolta Combined Client support was introduced in Equitrac Office and Express 5.6 and is now available for ControlSuite.
This is a quick setup guide to supplement the official Nuance Combined Client for Konica Minolta - For detailed instructions on each component, refer to the relevant guides.
For best results, follow the below steps in the displayed order.
- If using just Equitrac, Install Controlsuite (ensure Device Control Engine (DCE), Device Web Service (DWS) and Device Control Service (DCS) are installed)
- If using Equitrac and Autostore then don;t install Device Control Service as your Autostore Workflow will be used to provide the Device connection
Device Registration Service (DRS) preparation
- Install the latest available version of DRS is installed as per the installation guide
- Open the Device Registration Service Web Client (http://
- Create a new application
- Application Type: Konica Minolta iOption
- Print Manager: Equitrac
- Print Manager URI: https://
- Use SSL for Web Application: True
- Set Autostore Server details if required
- If AutoStore and Equitrac are being used, configure Autostore to include a Konica Minolta CC workflow.
Konica Minolta Device Preparation
On the Konica Minolta device management web page:
- Log in to the device as an administrator
- Ensure the device has a valid TLS certificate
- Ensure the clocks on the device and the MFP match and that the time zones are set correctly (use NTP where possible) as a difference greater than 2 minutes can cause encryption handshake to fail
- Set the following settings:
- Security > SSL Settings > Mode using SSL/TLS: Admin mode and user mode
- Network > TCP Socket Setting
- Use SSL/TLS: Checked
- Network > OpenAPI
- Use SSL/TLS: SSL Only
- Port Number: 50001
- Port No.(SSL): 50003
- Network > WebDAV Settings > WebDAV Server Settings
- WebDAV Settings: ON
- SSL Setting: SSL Only
- Log out of the device management web page
Adding the Device to Equitrac
In Equitrac Web System Manager:
- Add and configure the physical device as per normal
- Add an embedded device to the physical device
- Definition > Type: Konica Minolta CC
- Initialize the device
Check that Autostore or DCS is listening correctly by browsing to: http://localhost
Adding the Device to Device Registration Service (DRS)
In the Device Registration Service Web Client (http://
- Add a new device (Devices tab > green plus symbol)
- Register authentication (wait for confirmation in the Action History)
- Register client (wait for confirmation in the Action History)
If you cannot register authentication on the device, check SSL settings are configured correctly on the device.
A blank screen on the MFP means the device is trying to contact the web server but cannot. Check the server connections, particularly port (including firewall) configuration.