How is the Equitrac Print Client installed on a Mac OS workstation
For MacOS compatibility see the Kofax Equitrac Client Installation Guide
Equitrac Client for MacOS X enables you to print to Equitrac printers defined on Windows print servers from Mac OS X workstations. The Mac Client allows direct printing over TCP/IP.
The Mac OS X Client programs require Mac OS 10.12 or higher for Equitrac 6.1 and above. If you try to install the Mac Client on an earlier Mac OS system (lower than Mac OS 10.12), the installation is aborted. If an earlier version of the Mac Client is already installed on a Mac OS system lower than 10.12, an upgrade to the latest Mac OS X Client is not supported.
Mac Client can be installed on a single workstation, or batch installed across multiple workstations using Apple Remote Desktop (ARD).
Obtain the Equitrac_MacOSX_xxxx.zip file from the Equitrac Product Download site. The zip files contain the MacOS X Client Installer (Equitrac_MacOSX_xxxx.pkg), and the Equitrac Print Utility (EQPrintUtilityX.app) for setting Client Printers and Preferences.
Installing the Mac Client and Mac DRC
To install the Mac Client on a workstation, do the following:
1. Login to the Mac workstation with Administrator privileges.
2. In Terminal run sudo spctl --master-disable The purpose of this is to turn off gatekeeper to ensure the Equitrac applications run and install the package
3. Uninstall the previous version of Equitrac Mac client, if installed and reboot the Mac workstation. See Uninstalling the Mac Client for details in the guide.
4. Run the EQPrintUtilityX.app and enter the CAS address in the Preferences dialog. Kofax recommend that FQDN should be used. This utility can be copied to the Mac applications/Utilities folder.
5. Run Terminal.app, navigate by changing directory (cd) into Mac client NdiSecurity subfolder and run
sudo ./NDI.SecurityConfig.sh enroll <user_name> <password> <sfs_host_name> <datacenter_name> <print_groups_list> [ enroll_drc ]
<user_name> is the security Framework user in the format domain\user. If ControlSuite Security Framework is installed in Fixpack 3 without a domain name please prefix the user name with a backslash.
Note: When entering admin name into command line, if it has backslash “\” (i.e. nuance\securityadmin) you must escape backslash by double slash "\\" (i.e. nuance\\securityadmin).
Note: Cassandra Domain and User name must be entered in lower case
<password> is the Security Framework Password
<sfs_host_name> is the FQDN of the Security Framework Server used to enrol the service
<datacenter_name> is the Security Framework datacenter name
<print_groups_list> is a semicolon separated list of user groups allowed to print on this Mac or 'eqeveryone' for everyone. If 'eqeveryone' is a real group, it will be used. Groups list should be enclosed in quotes (i.e."group1;group2;group3").
[ enroll_drc ] is optional and used to enrol DRC component if installed
6. Run the Equitrac_MacOSX_xxxx.pkg file.
Note :Mac DRC installation is optional and is OFF by default.
7. Follow the Installer prompts, and select Custom as the Installation type to install DRC (if required). Configure other settings as per the Configuring the Mac Client preferences. This is important as DRC will start automatically by the installer and will pick up the CAS address and other settings at startup.
8. Copy the Security Folder in the Installation source folder to the Equitrac Client install location
- For MacOS 10.10 and newer: Library/Application Support/Equitrac (see attached PDF for screenshot)
- For MacOS 10.9 and older: Library/Printers/Equitrac
9. In Terminal run sudo spctl --master-enable to enable the Gatekeeper
Once this is completed the usual process can be followed to add DRE or DRC printers