Starting with DRS 8.0 (shipped with ControlSuite), the default install directory has changed from <c:\program> to <c:\program>.
As a result, when performing upgrades, some specific files (specifically Plugins) must be moved manually to preserve functionality. See detailed steps below.
- Manually copy the existing LocalDB database files (DRS_LDB.mdf and DRS_LDB_log.ldf) from existing DRS installation location (i.e. <c:\program>) to a safe temporary location.
- Uninstall existing DRS
- Using ControlSuite Install Assistant, install DRS (version is not shown in UI, but it is 8.0). Do not start DRS.
- Copy the existing Plugins folder to the new installation location. To preserve and restore the existing files complete as follows:
- Navigate in Windows to the previous installation location of Device Registration Service (i.e. C:\Program Files(x86)\Nuance\Device Registration Service)
- Navigate within this location to Service\Plugins
- Find all folder with the name NSi.DeviceManagement.Plugins.* (i.e. NSi.DeviceManagement.Plugins.RicohSOP)
- Copy the contents of these folders into the identically named folders in the new install location.
- Run Database upgrade tool
- Start DRS
- Browse to DRS webpage and verify all devices, application and files are still present