How to remove ControlSuite
1. Click on the Search icon and type PowerShell.
2. Right click on the PowerShell application and select “Run as administrator”.
3. Set PowerShell execution policy to unrestricted by executing the following command. Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
4. When the warning message appears type “Y” and press your “Enter” key.
5. Navigate to the “Configure” folder of your ControlSuite installation package for example “C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\1.x.x.x\Configure”
6. Once you have navigated to the “Configure” folder type the following command: .\InstallAssistantHelper.ps1 -uninstall
7. A confirmation message will appear, type “Y” and press the “Enter” key.
8. The uninstall and cleanup process will now start.
9. If the system does not have internet access, you will get some warning messages.
10. When the uninstall process is completed, reboot the server.
11. Once the server is back online, repeat steps 1 and 2.
12. Navigate to the “Configure” folder of your ControlSuite installation package for example
13. Once you have navigated to the “Configure” folder type the following command: .\InstallAssistantHelper.ps1 -removeconfigurationdata
14. Set PowerShell execution policy back to restricted by executing the following command. Set-ExecutionPolicy restricted
15. Open Windows control panel.
16. Double click on “System”.
17. Click on “Advanced system settings”.
18. Click on “Settings” under “User Profiles”.
19. Select the “SecurityFrameworkService” profile and delete if it exist.
20. Open Windows control panel.
21. Double click on "Administrative Tools".
22. Double click on "Task Scheduler".
23. Click on "Task Scheduler Library"
24. Find the task "CassandraScheduledTaskRunner" and delete if it exist
25. Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the R key to open the Run window
26. On the Run window type mmc and click OK to bring up the mmc console
27. On the mmc console hold down the Ctrl key and press the M key to open a Snap-in window
28. Once the Snip-in window is open, double click on Certificates and select My user account and click Finish
29. Repeat step 28 but select Computer account and click Next and Finish
30. Click on Ok on the mmc console window
31. Expand Certificates(Local Computer) > Personal > and click on Certificates
32. On the left pane, find the certificates with the friendly name which related to ControlSuite
33. Perform steps 31 and 32 for Certificates – Current User
34. Ensure that under Certificates(Local Computer), there is NO NDI folder and if one is present, remove the certificates inside
35. Open IIS manager
36. Click on the server name
37. On the left pane click on Server Certificates
38. Remove any ControlSuite related certificates if they exist
39. Restart the server.
40. Remove the folders C:\Programdata\Kofax and C:\Programdata\Nuance and also Program Files\Kofax (for 1.1 and below Program Files\Nuance) from whatever drive it was installed on.
41. Reinstall ControlSuite