The AutoStore service may crash when capturing files that are 0 KB in size. This problem can occur when the IMAP capture component processes an email with an attachment of 0 KB size. Another cause may be a file captured with AutoCapture whose filename contains a Unicode character. It can also be caused by the MS AV update. Windows update: KB2267602.
When examining the system logs, the following error(s) may appear:
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Faulting process id: 0x1770
An additional registry key, to tell the capture component to process by page, rather than by file is needed. The error handling is modified with this entry. If, for example, 0 KB files are created, or files that cannot be counted and some other scenarios, then this type of processing can be used and there is no crash.
To create the new key, please follow the steps below. A registry entry must be set manually and a few components must be isolated in AutoStore Process Designer by right-clicking the respective component menu.
- Barcode, PIM, Redaction, and VIP are also susceptible to this issue - if they are in use in the workflow, those components will also need to be isolated (right-click on the capture and send components within the Process Designer and set them to Isolate to accomplish this).It's not a global setting thus this must be done in all tasks for the components listed in bold.
- Before making any changes to registry entries, make a backup of the registry.
- Open the registry editor as an administrator
- Go to the following location: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\autostore\Parameters
- Add a DWORD (32-bit) value in the system registry called "IsolatedPageCounting" with a value of "1"
|Control Suite||1.1 Fixpack 6|