How is the Cache cleared when a Stale Security Framework token causes authentication to fail in Equitrac Web System manager and new user cannot login to Embedded Devices as the Device Control Engine (DCE) goes into cached mode?
Web System Manager gets "401 Unauthorized" from Core Accounting Server (CAS) when it tries to authenticate login and new users are unable to login to devices. Because the security framework token is stale, DCE is unable to communicate with the CAS.
To clear the caches follow the process below:
1. Open the IIS management tool
2. Stop the Equitrac application pool
3. Delete or rename C:\ProgramData\Nuance\NDISecurity\CS\cache\WebSystemManager.
4. Stop the CAS Service
6. Rename or delete C:\ProgramData\Nuance\Equitrac\CAS.
7. Make sure clocks on ALL servers involved in the system (Security Framework Servers, CAS Servers, Web System Manager) are synchronized
8. Start the CAS Service
9. Start the Equitrac application pool
For other services see Controlsuite : Where are the Security Framework Caches Located? - Kofax