When an attempt is made to collect Document Routing Engine (DRE) logs for troubleshooting print issues when connection is not possible from Web System Manager (the device shows as Failed Connection).
When the Equitrac Web Client turns on DRE logs a file called Default.xml is placed on the Print Server and the DRE picks up that this has been added/changed and starts to log according to the settings in this file.
If the Equitrac Web Client cannot access the server , the file can be placed manually to turn on logging.
Download the default.xml file to the following directory on the DRE to enable this change.
- Copy the Default.xml file to
DRE Running as a service account:
- C:\Users\<Service account>\Appdata\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv\Settings
DRE Running as Local System
- C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv\Settings
- Restart the DRE service
- Reproduce your issue
- Zip up all EQ log files from (*only if not avaialble from Web System Manager)
- C:\Users\<Service account>\Appdata\Local\Temp (running as service account)
- C:\Windows\Temp (running as local system)
- (For 1.2 and above see ControlSuite : Where are the log files stored in ControlSuite 1.2?)
- Attach the files to the case with all relevant information (Time of Print Job, User, Workstation etc)
Once completed, turn off client logs by:
- Remove the Default.xml file from the directory
- Restart DRE service
Kofax is working on a permanent solution to address this issue.