When an attempt is made to collect workstation client DRC logs for troubleshooting DRC, i-Queue or Managed Queue from Web System Manager, the device shows as Failed Connection or the Web Page times out due to a large number of Workstation Clients installed.
When the Equitrac Web Client turns on DRC logs a file called Default.xml is placed on the Workstation and the DRC client picks up that this has been added/changed and starts to log according to the settings in this file.
If the Equitrac Web Client cannot access the workstation, the file can be placed manually to turn on logging.
Download the default.xml file to the following directory on the Workstation Client to enable this change. On the Workstation client, there is an application called EQlientTracing.exe, this is used to collect the standard (Non DRC) logs. This should be used as part of the diagnostic process in addition and can be used to turn on the DRC logs.
- Copy the Default.xml file to
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv\Settings
- Open the folder C:\Program Files\Kofax\Equitrac\Client (ControlSuite 188.8.131.52 and above) or C:\Program Files\Nuance\Equitrac\Client (Earlier versions)
- Run EQClientTracing.Exe
- Turn on all tracing (This will restart the EQsharedEngine and start the DRC debug logs)
- Reproduce your issue
- Zip up the EQClientTracing logs from the EQclientTracing application
- Zip up all EQ log files from C:\Windows\Temp
- Attach the files to the case with all relevant information (Time of Print Job, User, Workstation etc)
Once completed, turn off client logs by:
- Remove the Default.xml file from the directory
- Run EQclientTracing.exe and Turn off all logs
Kofax is working on a permanent solution to address this issue.