How can a ControlSuite Security Framework Node be removed without having to remove all other Controlsuite Components (e.g. DCE/CAS)
If needing to re-install Security Framework or just want to remove it without having to re-install every component
1. Navigate to Windows Programs and Feature
2. Remove both Kofax ControlSuite Security and Kofax ControlSuite Cassandra
3. Open Windows Control Panel
4. Select System
• Select Advanced System Settings
• Select the Advanced tab
• Click on Setting in the User Profiles section
• Delete the SecurityFrameworkService profile
5. Open computer certificates and remove both Ndisecurity certificates
6. Remove the following folders and files (ControlSuite 1.2):
• C:\Users\<install account>\.cassandra (the account that was used to install and configure the product)
• C:\Users\<service account>\.cassandra (the account that starts the services)
• C:\Program Files\Kofax\Shared Services\Cassandra
7. Open Task Scheduler
Find the task 'CassandraScheduledTaskRunner' in the Task Scheduler library and delete it.
Once this process is complete Kofax recommend rebooting the server.
If re-installing then re run Installation assistant (repeat the previous install as the installation assistant will skip the components that are already installed) to add the components back in.
If enrolling remaining services back into another node then run Configuration Assistant to re-enroll again into Security Framework.
If other servers not acting as a Security Framework node need to be re-configured to communicate with a new Security Framework, then follow ControlSuite : How to reconnect a ControlSuite server to a new Security Framework - Kofax