McAfee Antivirus causes failure to set up Security Framework at the Add Bootstrap User to AA service stage
First of all, prevention is better than a cure. Please read the KB What are the Antivirus Exceptions required for ControlSuite? - Kofax to insert the Antivirus exceptions before installing ControlSuite or disable Anti-Virus during installation
McAfee Anti virus heuristics prevents Cassandra from being correctly setup and configuration of the Security Framework will fail. Opening the Endpoint Security tool shows that the antivirus software stepped in to block configuration of the Security Framework.
Once this has occurred the Kofax Security needs to be re-installed and Antivirus exceptions added before reinstallation and reconfiguration is attempted.
Steps to resolve
- Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove both Kofax ControlSuite Security and Kofax ControlSuite Cassandra
- Next step is to remove the Security Framework Service user profile
- Press start menu and search for Advanced System Settings
- Open User Profiles
- Delete the SecurityFrameworkService profile
- Following this there are some folders to remove:
- \Program Files\Nuance\Shared Services\Cassandra (in ControlSuite 1.2 change the folder to \Program Files\Kofax\Shared Services\Cassandra)
- Then remove any Cassandra Scheduler task from the Task Scheduler (if uninstallation has not removed it).
- Then re-run the Installation Wizard and just choose not to continue an existing installation and add only Security Framework
At this point ensure that the antivirus exceptions have been added before continuing configuration
- Once the installation has completed open the Configuration Assistant and continue the configuration