Question / Problem:
How to create log files In Equitrac 18.104.22.168 or higher to assist in troubleshooting a MAC workstation issue?
Answer / Solution:
To generate trace files (log files) on the MAC workstation, perform the following steps:
- Open Terminal on the MAC.
- Navigate to the directory where Equitrac files are stored.
- For MacOS 10.12 and newer: Library/Application Support/Kofax/ControlSuite/Logs/Equitrac
- Create the following files in this location. NOTE* Be sure to match the file names EXACTLY, including the upper- and lower-case letters:
Use the following commands to create the files:
touch EQController.log EQPrinterUtil.log EQSharedEngine.log EQTransport.log EQPMon.log
To add the correct file permissions, run the chmod command:
chmod a+rw EQController.log EQPrinterUtil.log EQSharedEngine.log EQTransport.log EQPMon.log
This will ensure there are correct Read/Write permissions set on the files.
4. Reboot the MAC where possible and reproduce the issue in question.
5. Open each file to verify contents. Some files may contain no data depending on what components are installed on the workstation. In some cases, some files may show 0KB in size but still contain data.
6. Send a copy of all files to Kofax support representative that requested them, together with the detailed steps to reproduce, including date/time, username, IP addresses, etc.
7. To disable the trace files, delete the five files from the workstation.
rm EQController.log EQPrinterUtil.log EQSharedEngine.log EQTransport.log EQPMon.log
|ControlSuite||1.2 Fix Pack 2|