Finding Output Manager Console > Administration > License Information: License Status field shows:
Version: 184.108.40.206 is not activated. 10 days left in grace period. (The number of days counts down starting at 10.)
Version: 220.127.116.11 is not activated.
The issue is presented when the Kofax License server's certificate expires after one year from the installation of the ControlSuite 1.1 Fix Pack 4 License server. The Output Manager software does not allow for the expired certificate. Therefore, does not accept communications with the Kofax License server. If after seven days the OM DBM Service is not able to communicate with the Kofax License Server the license will begin the 10 day grace period. If the OM DBM Service is not able to communicate with the Kofax License server by then end of the grace period, Output Manager will become unlicensed and stop working.
The KofaxOutputManager-18.104.22.168.FIX16531 can be installed at any time on an Output Manager system that shows that it is Version: 22.214.171.124 in the Output Manager Console > Administrator > License Infomation: License Status field. Do not have to wait for the license to go into the grace period to install the hot fix. The hot fix alllows Output Manager to communicate with the Kofax License Server after its certificate expires.
AutoStore and Equitrac each have the ability to communicate with the Kofax License Server when it has an expired certificate. Only Output Manager versions earlier than 5.2.x.x need to be corrected for the expired Kofax License Server certificate.
IMPORTANT: If the Output Manager is a different version than 126.96.36.199 and it is a 5.0.x.x or 5.1.x.x version, please use the following Knowledge Base article to correct the issue:
Output Manager version 188.8.131.52:
Steps to implement the hot fix KofaxOutputManager-184.108.40.206.FIX16531 and verifying the Output Manager system is Activated:
- Request the hot fix from Kofax Technical Support by creating a case and provide a screen shot of the OM Console > Administration > License Information screen showing the Version 220.127.116.11.
- Hot Fix Name: KofaxOutputManager-18.104.22.168.FIX16531
- Please download Hot fix to Output Manager server that has an OM DBM Service installed on it.
- Verify the zipped file, once on the OM server, is not blocked by checking the file Properties.
- IMPORTANT: Running PatchInstaller.exe for this hot fix will stop and start the OM DBM Service. This is needed to implement the hot fix.
- Install the hot fix as per the ReadMe.txt that is included in the zipped hot fix.
- If this is an Output Manager Highly Available instance, then repeat the steps 1 – 4 on each of the Output Manager back-end servers.
- Once the PatchInstaller has completed the install:
- Open the OM Console > Administration > License Information
- Verify the license status shows the license Activated.
- If not Activated:
- Open the Configuration Assistant
- Go to the Licensing tab
- Click the pencil icon
- Click the Preview button
- Once the license information is visible, Click Apply
- Check the OM Console – License Information
License should now show Activated.
If this is an Output Manager Highly Available instance, then repeat the steps 1 – 4. IMPORTANT – OM HA to install this hot fix on each of the Output Manager back-end servers.