Copitrak Eclipse terminal reporting "Warning!!! No copies are being counted"
This message indicates that the terminal has been logged into two or more times without recording a copy transaction.
To confirm that the terminal is properly counting, perform a test copy with the terminal enabled. If a page count is displayed, the terminal is properly counting and the message will clear when returning to the User ID screen.
If a page count is not reported, consider the following:
- The copier interface cable may be broken, disconnected or incorrect.
- Trace the interface cable from the terminal to the copier, confirming that it is properly attached.
- Look for signs of damage or wear to the copier interface cable.
- If a MCIF box is connected between the terminal and copier, confirm that it is powered on and all cables are properly fastened.
- The copier's foreign interface may be improperly configured or damaged and may not be sending the Copitrak terminal a copy pulse.
- Have your copier technician confirm that the copier's settings are correct and that the foreign interface is functional.
- The Copitrak terminal may be improperly configured.
- Request a technician review the server side configuration of the terminal.
- The Copitrak terminal may be damaged.
- With the assistance of a technician, temporarily replace the terminal with one that is confirmed functional and test again.
Information to report when creating a support incident:
- Copier interface cable number (labeled where the cable connects to the copier).
- Copier make and model.
- Terminal ID (scrolls across the bottom of the screen when at the User ID screen).
- Terminal's Serial # (found on the back of the terminal).
- MCIF version and serial # (if applicable).
- Details of any service recently performed on the affected the copier.
- Details of the affected copier recently being swapped out or replaced.