Copitrak - eClipse - Terminal will not lock or unlock the copier
Article # 3015248 - Page views: 464
If a terminal will not lock or unlock a copier's interface panel, consider the following:
- The copier interface cable may be broken, disconnected or incorrect.
- Trace the interface cable from the terminal to the copier, confirming that it is properly attached.
- Look for signs of damage or wear to the copier interface cable.
- If a MCIF box is connected between the terminal and copier, confirm that it is powered on and all cables are properly fastened.
- The copier's foreign interface may be improperly configured or damaged.
- Have your copier technician confirm that the copier's settings are correct and that the foreign interface is functional.
- * Note that a Copitrak terminal does not have the ability to control what functions are locked or unlocked on a copier. It is up to the copier to tell its interface the terminal interacts with what functions should lock or unlock when Copitrak is enabled.
- The Copitrak terminal may be improperly configured.
- Request a technician review the server side configuration of the terminal.
- The Copitrak terminal may be damaged.
- With the assistance of a technician, temporarily replace the terminal with one that is confirmed functional.
Information to report when creating a support incident:
- Confirmation that there is an audible click from the terminal when it is enabled.
- Copier interface cable number (labeled where the cable connects to the copier).
- Copier make and model.
- Terminal ID (scrolls across the bottom of the screen when at the User ID screen).
- Terminal's Serial # (found on the back plate of the terminal).
- MCIF version and serial # (if applicable).
- Details of any service recently performed on the affected the copier.
- Details of the affected copier recently being swapped out or replaced.