IP Address is unchanged in the new location:
If the IP address remains unchanged in the new location, perform the following steps:
1. Rename the printer on the Windows print server and print a test page to the print server.
2. Once the print job has successfully printed, locate the renamed physical device.
3. Expand the Physical device in System Manager until the Print queue appears.
4. Ensure that a new print queue appears, which reflects the renamed device.
5. Delete the old print queue.
IP Address is changed in the new location:
If the IP address of the physical device is different in the new location, perform the following steps:
1. Once the printer is in the new location and connected using the new IP address, verify that the device is functioning properly using a TCP/IP port. Do NOT proceed until a test page is successfully printed using the TC/IP port.
2. Start Equitrac System Manager.
3. Locate the physical device and open the Summary dialog box.
4. Manually change the Hostname/IP address to reflect the new IP address.
5. Click the OK button.
6. Expand the physical device until the Print queue appears.
7. Manually delete the associated Port and Print queue associated with the physical device.
8. Exit System Manager.
9. Use the Equitrac Printer Conversion Wizard to convert the TCP/IP port to an Equitrac port.
10. Print a Test Page. Do not proceed until a test page is successfully printed using the Equitrac port.
11. Start System Manager.
12. Expand the physical device until the Print queue appears. Ensure that both the Port and Print queue have been automatically recreated for the physical device.