After the CAS server name is changed, the system show 0 license used in the DRE (License > Assignment View). No error message is generated when opening System Manager.
This could happen if the registry key for the CAS server name has not been updated to reflect the new CAS server name.
To resolve the issue the server's name in the Windows registry should be updated, performing the following steps:
1. On the CAS server (and DRE server if DRE is installed on a different server than CAS), launch Regedit
2. There are three registry keys where the CAS server name should be updated:
1. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Equitrac > Common > CASName > replace the old server name by the new server name
2. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Equitrac > DRE > SystemName > replace the old server name by the new server name (appears only if DRE is installed on the same server as the CAS server)
3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Equitrac > Common > SystemName > replace the old server name by the new server name
3. Restart the CAS and DRE services and Force Cache in System Manager
Inappropriate changes to the Windows Registry can disable your operating system. You should backup your existing Registry by choosing Registry \Export Registry File after launching the Registry Editor, before making any changes. Nuance is not responsible for any data loss as a result of an inappropriate registry change.