How to move the Equitrac database from a local SQL database to a remote SQL database server
This information is provided as a courtesy. Database maintenance is a customer responsibility. Nuance Support does not provide assistance or support for database version migrations.
Refer to any Microsoft documentation in regards to migrating a database from SQLExpress to MSSQL.
Before moving a CAS database from local SQL Express to MS SQL Server you must ensure you have a FULL backup of the Equitrac database and the connection string properties for the new database.
- Stop the CAS service.
- Perform the migration from SQLExpress to MS SQL Server as per Microsoft documentation. (Backup database on old server and restore database on new server)
- Equitrac service account must have access to the new database
For Equitrac Office / Equitrac Express 5.0 to 5.7
- Go to registry editor and browse to HKLM -> Software -> Equitrac -> CAS -> database
- Right mouse click on the database folder and select export. Export the keys to a convenient location as a backup.
- Repeat these steps for the entries in HKLM -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Equitrac -> CAS -> database
- Update the connection strings accordingly in both locations.
- Snapshot Isolation must be enabled on the EQCAS database by running the SQLServerOpt.sql script in the C:\Program Files\Equitrac\[Office or Express]\Database folder on the CAS server. See details in
- Restart the CAS server after applying the changes.
For Equitrac Office / Equitrac Express 4.2.x
- update the ODBC System DN settings with the new database.
- Snapshot Isolation should then be enabled on the EQCAS database by running the EQCASSQLEXPR2005.sql script in the C:\Program Files\Equitrac\[Office or Express]\Database folder on the CAS server. See details in .
- Restart the CAS service.