What are the steps to properly change a DCE/DRE server IP?
This is only for IP change not Server Name change
- System Manager --> Remove the Embedded devices before IP change.
- System Manager --> Licensing -> Assignment view – Remove the DRE assignment for the DRE being removed (See Screenshot below. When the server restarts, the server will re-register and will appear back into the assignment view.)
- Change the IP address for the DWS (if DWS is been used) C:\Users\EQ_SERVICE_ACCOUNT\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDWSSrv\webserver\conf\DWSSettings.properties. Note: Xerox device, IP address must be used, it won’t accept the hostname.
- Change the DRE IP in the registry, unless it is using the Hostname (See Screenshot).
- Change the Server IP.
- Reboot the server.
- If Couchbase is installed/used then follow the steps in the attached PDF document “How_to_recreate_the_Nuance_Bucket_in_Couchbase.pdf” Click Link
- Stop the DCE and DRE Service.
- Make a backup of the DCE Cache C:\Users\tdam\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDCESrv and DRE EQSpool C:\Users\tdam\AppData\Local\Equitrac\Equitrac Platform Component\EQDRESrv.
- Delete the DCE Cache and DRE EQSpool. Note all print jobs that are currently queued on this server will be lost.
- Verify You can ping the server by hostname and IP. Perform an NSLookup forward and reverse; if this does not resolve, then this will not work.
- Reinitialize the Embedded devices.