How to Import RightFax Transactions into Equitrac
With Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express, how do you import Captaris RightFax transactions?
To import RightFax transactions into Equitrac, use the Equitrac RightFax Import Utility (EQRightFaxImport.exe), which is located in the Equitrac Tools folder. This utility is run from a command line or as a scheduled task, and imports a CSV file containing the fax transactions which must be exported from RightFax.
NOTE: an External Data Connector license is required.
Before executing the import command, a Physical Device must be created in the System Manager Devices list to represent the RightFax server. The value entered in the Name field used to identify this device will be used in the command.
When using the import utility, be sure to use a UNC path not a DOS path.
The syntax of the command line is as follows:
-f Filename in UNC format containing the RightFax import data
-D Name of the Physical Device representing the RightFax server
in the System Manager Devices list
-a Name of the CAS server
-b d Use BillInfo2 value as description in the import
-b f Use BillInfo2 value as billable flag
-t Optional. Generates a trace log of the session
C:\program files\equitrac\office\tools>EQRightFaxImport.exe -f \\Fileserver\RFSharedFolder\RFexport.csv -D MyRightFaxServerDevice -a MyCASserver -b d -t
*substitue "express" for "office" if running EE
1. If a trace log is generated, it is found in a file named EQRightFaxImport.log in the following location:
Windows Server 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\
Windows Server 2008: C:\Documents and Settings\
2. EQRightFaxImport assigns a unique identifier to each transaction. Therefore, reimporting the same data does not generate duplicate transactions.
3. Once the utility completes the parsing of all records and posting to CAS, a brief summary is displayed, which can be redirected to a session file. Example:
Port Summary data:
total records = 7
records parsed ok = 7
records failed parse = 0
records failed record = 0
total time = x
4. Imported transactions are recorded with a Transaction Type of "fax-send".
5. New users and billing codes present in the CSV file will be automatically created in CAS.
6. New physical devices will NOT be created. The physical device must exist in CAS prior to running the import command.
7. The format of the CSV file (in excel table form) must be as follows:
RightFax Field Data Type CAS Field Mapping
RightFax user ID 21 chars User account
Phone no. dialed 31 chars Destination (report field)
BillInfo1 15 chars Billing Code
BillInfo2 15 chars Job Description
Fax duration hh:mm:ss Duration (seconds)
Fax page count ### Page count.
Fax error code "32" Ignored
Fax date mm/dd/yy Transaction date
Fax time hh:mm Transaction time
- Two 4-page faxes (duration 20s) were sent by J. Smith to 1-800-333-4444 on June 2, 2009.
- The 1st fax at 12:42 PM (description = example 1) is charged to billing code bc3
- The 2nd fax at 12:43 PM (description = example 2) is charged to user jsmith
11. Note that spaces are acceptable in user names, billing codes and descriptions, but they must be avoided elsewhere.