In the Equitrac System Manager, the Nuance Ethernet Card Reader discovery fails when trying to discover card readers on a remote server (i.e. the selected server running DCS in the Card reader discovery window is not the server System Manager is running on). The error message is:
An error was encountered when attempting to submit a service request. Please ensure the services are running and there are no network connectivity issues.
- The Device Control Service port (TCP port 2943) may be blocked on the remote server
- The Nuance Device Control Service on the remote server may not be running
- Check that TCP port 2943 is open on the remote server, and communication is possible.
- Check that the Nuance Device Control Service on the remote server is properly installed and running.
- Use System Manager on the server running DCS to discover the card readers