We have found that if a customer has installed Device Web Server (DWS) on a non C: Drive and wishes to upgrade, after the upgrade has completed users are unable to login until the device have been reinitialized.
Below are the steps to ensure that login is still possible after DWS has been upgraded.
- Uninstall the DWS hotfixes if there are any installed. Otherwise step 2 may not complete.
- Uninstall DWS using the change option in Add \ Remove programs
- Install the config assistant. (located in the 184.108.40.206 Fixpack)
- Install the latest DWS version you currently have avilible.
- DO NOT START DWS AT THIS POINT
- Navigate to where you installed DWS. %Program Files%\Kofax\Shared Services\DWS\Tools\NDIMigrationUtil
- Open FindSnapshot.cmd in notepad.
- Edit this file and insert C: as the first line.
- Save and close this file.
- Start the DWS service from the config assistant
- Wait 5 mins and open the DWS web page, login and ensure the devices still exist.
- Test logging in at a device