How to install Couchbase and connect it to Equitrac 5.7
Please note: This guide should only be used when performing an Equitrac installtion in a non HA enviornment. If performing an Equitrac DCE HA installation, Please refer to the DCE_High_Availability_Whitepaper_v1.1.pdf which is available download on the Equitrac Partner Portal for partners and dealers.
- Manually download and install the standalone Couchbase on the DCE server. This is for installing a single node Couchbase (not High Availability) only.
- Download Couchbase Server 4.5.1 community edition from the Couchbase website
- Run the Couchbase setup wizard to create a username and password. (Please make a note of these login details - this will be needed when installing Equitrac)
- Create a new bucket or use the default bucket (make a note of the bucket name to use for the DCE connection string)
- Start the Equitrac installer and install the required components
- On the DCE High Availability Setup screen, tick the box 'DCE will be part of a High Availability Setup'
- In "Virtual Server Name" enter the name of the DCE server (or IP address)
- Enter the Couchbase connection string and the username and password used to log in to Couchbase. The Couchbase connection string must be in the following format: couchbase://hostname/bucketname (Note: bucketname was chosen in step 3 above)
- Test to confirm that Equitrac can connect to Couchbase.
If any of the following types of installation are being installed, please refer to section 12 of the DCE_High_Availability_Whitepaper_1.1.pdf which discusses the additional step of creating indexes:
-A Toshiba Installation
-Samsung XOA Web Installation