Installation of Equitrac Office or Express 5.7 fails and the installation rolls back. (note: only applies if DCE is being installed)
Logs may show these errors:
[0840:0D2C][2016-10-06T07:48:28]i319: Applied execute package: CouchbaseWrapper.exe, result: 0xffffffff, restart: None
[0840:0D2C][2016-10-06T07:48:28]e000: Error 0xffffffff: Failed to execute EXE package.
Caught exception setting up Couchbase. Error: Unknown exception Child process exited with exit code -1 cbinit.exe failed with error -1
"Product: Equitrac Office -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Regbepconv.61AB5E0A_5F45_489E_A8A5_D3BF9B6ACE8A, location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\BCL Technologies\easyPDF 6\, command: "C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s bepconv.dll"
There may be many reasons why the installation fails, including but not limited to:
-The installation may fail when trying to install Couchbase silently as part of the Equitrac installation.
-Port 9100 may be in use.
1. Ensure the DCE server has at least a quad core processer of 2GHz or greater and at least 6 GB of RAM
2. Ensure that the correct installer is being used. The file name of the latest installer is EEx64 - 220.127.116.1193 or EOx64 - 18.104.22.16893. Partners and dealers should visit partners.equitrac.com to obtain the latest version.
3. See regarding the use of port 9100.
4. Ensure that no application is using msvcp100.dll and msvc3100.dll. If any are using them, uninstall those applications, then try reinstalling again.
5. Install Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (KB2565057), if not already done so.