1. Backup the eqcas database using one of the following processes:
a) Stop the SQL Server service and then manually copy the database files to a new location.
b) Detach the database using a tool such a Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express.
2. Install the Equitrac Office or Equitrac Express software on the new server.
3. Stop the SQL server service and CAS service on the new server.
4. If you detached the database, reattach the database.
5. If you copied the database files to a new location, copy them (eqcas.mdf and eqcas_log.ldf) back to the original location.
6. Restart the services.
7. On the original server, start System Manager, and select Licensing>License view. Write down the Activation code and serial number of each Equitrac license.
8. Right-click each license and select "Remove assignment."
9. On the new server, start System Manager, select Licensing, an select Add license.
10. Register each license again at https://activation.equitrac.com/register/ .
11. Enter the serial numbers and activation codes.
12. If the Document Routing Engine (DRE) server is on the SAME new server, remove all of the print queues in the Devices section of System Manager.
13. Add the printers to the new print server.
14. Convert the printers to use Equitrac ports and print a test page.
15. Configure the printers on the new server to behave as they did on the original server.
16. Uninstall and then reinstall the client workstation component on each machine, pointing to the location of the new Core Accounting Server (CAS).
DISCLAIMER: Equitrac strongly recommends backing up your database before proceeding. The above information should only be performed by those who are familiar with backup processes and the attachment and detachment of the database, as needed.