How do you move Equitrac Office 5.x or Equitrac Express 5.x to a new server? To move the software to a new server, perform the following steps:
1. Backup the eqcas (default name) database using one of the following processes, but do not delete this database yet.
a) Stop the SQL Server service and then manually copy the Equitrac database files to a new location.
b) Detach the database using a tool such a Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express.
2. Install the Equitrac Office or Equitrac Express software on the new server.
3. Stop the SQL server service and CAS service on the new server and remove any new eqcas (default) database.
4. If you detached the original eqcas database, reattach the original eqcas database.
5. If you copied the eqcas (default) database files to a new location, copy them (eqcas.mdf and eqcas_log.ldf) back to the original location.
6. Restart the services (SQL and CAS).
7. On the original server, start System Manager and select Licensing > License view. Write down or take a screen shot of the Activation code and serial number of each Equitrac license.
8. Right-click each license and select "Remove assignment."
9. On the new server, start System Manager, select Licensing, an select Add license.
10. Register each license again at https://activation.equitrac.com/register/ .
11. Enter the serial numbers and activation codes.
12. If the Document Routing Engine (DRE) server is on the SAME new server, remove all of the print queues in the Devices section of System Manager.
13. Add the printers to the new print server.
14. Convert the printers to use Equitrac ports and print a test page.
15. Configure the printers on the new server to behave as they did on the original server.
16. Uninstall and then reinstall the client workstation component on each machine, pointing to the location of the new Core Accounting Server (CAS).
DISCLAIMER: Equitrac strongly recommends backing up your database before proceeding. The above information should only be performed by those who are familiar with backup processes and the attachment and detachment of the database, as needed.