In Equitrac Office/Express 5.6 and above, a rule that has a "redirect this job" action to a secure printing queue with a standard TCP/IP does not hold jobs.
If the secure printing queue has a standard TCP/IP port set to localhost, loopback, a fake hostname or fake IP then the job is not queued in the secure queue and disappears.
If the secure printing queue has a standard TCP/IP port set to a physical printer, then the job is not queued in the secure queue and instead immediately prints.
The "redirect this job" action means:
- Do not process any further rules, and
- Print this job immediately (i.e., the job will not be held, even if the queue has Secure Printing set to "Enabled")
Equitrac Office/Express 5.5 and below, "Redirect this job" to e-queues would queue jobs in the secure print queue because that is the destination of e-queues.
Redirecting to a secure queue is not available with Equitrac Office 5.6 and 5.7.
Set up print queues in such as way to not require to redirect to a secured queue in Equitrac 5.6 or later.
- User prints to Device A
- If job is larger than 10 pages, redirect to Queue B
New configuration to achieve same result:
- Put Device A and Queue B in the same pull group
- Put a Hold rule on Device A to hold the job if larger than 10 pages