With Equitrac Office and Equitrac Express, using Active Directory with multiple domain controllers, when synchronization occurs, users from outside the specified containers may appear in Accounts/System Manager.
This behavior can occur if under Active Directory Synchronization in System Manager, the container(s) specified for each domain controller are not the same. If no container is specified for a domain controller, all users from that domain controller will be imported.
To resolve the issue, perform the following steps:
1. Start System Manger and select Configuration in the left pane.
2. In the right pane, select Active Directory Synchronization.
3. In the Domain controller section, highlight the first domain controller; the associated containers appear in the Containers window. Note the containers listed.
4. Repeat step 3 for each domain controller.
5. Adjust the containers, as needed, until the SAME containers are associated with each domain controller.