EE: Integrating WebDeposit with PayPal Express Checkout API (Classic)
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Paypal confirm they have deprecated the old API and wish to encourage developers to use the new method of new integrations known as PayPal Checkout for new projects.
However to date Equitrac's existing integration works with Express Checkout NVP/SOAP API (Classic) signatures.
While it is no longer possible to develop apps using those old API, it is possible to log in to PayPal's business dashboard and request API signatures for the classic API. Paypal indicate that they will continue to support these until at least 2020. Follow the steps below.
- Login to the Paypal Business account.
- Click the Profile on the top right corner of the screen next to Logout button.
- Click Profile and settings.
- Now choose My selling tools on the left side of the screen.
- Look for API access then click "Update".
- If the first time, click on Request API credentials for option 3.
- Click Managed API credentials under NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic).
- The credentials can be seen on the next page.
These seem to be only valid for the LIVE PayPal site and not the sandbox.