Using "Equitrac Capture and Send" on Equitrac Office / Express, most scan jobs are delivered without issue. However, longer scan jobs with many pages (150 pages or more, for example) are not delivered to the destination, and an error similar to the below appears in the Windows Event Viewer
Could not route scan job. Route options XML: <scan_post_routing_options_doc>
</scan_post_routing_options_doc> , error: 36405
Error 36405 indicates that the scan job has timed out.
By default, the scan job timeout is 900 seconds (15 minutes). It is possible for scan jobs with a large number of pages to exceed this time.
Increase the timeout in the registry on the SPE server. (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Equitrac\SPE\ScanImagesConversionTimeoutSec). Follow details below:
- On the SPE server, Open the registry editor.
- Make a backup of the following registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Equitrac\ for purposes of disaster recovery. Note that incorrect modification of the registry can render the system inoperative, so care must be taken.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Equitrac\
- If SPE node does not exist, create it: Right click on the "Equitrac" key and Select New> Key. Name the key as "SPE"
- Select SPE key and in the right hand side pane, right click and choose "New" > DWORD(32-bit value)
- Once the new DWORD value is created, rename it to "ScanImagesConversionTimeoutSecs"
- Double click on the value and choose "Decimal" radio button for the value type.
- Enter the new desired time in seconds. To increase the time out to 30 minutes (for example) set the value to 1800. Note that higher resolution, deeper colour depth, larger original (paper) size, etc. will increase processing time, so testing on the customer environment is likely required to determine the appropriate value.
- Close the registry editor
- Restart the SPE service